These are quite common here as in many EDs. We have a “sobering center” where patients can be sent to sober up, but the patients have to be able to ambulate with minimal assistance and have a BRAC of <400 (they have to check breath alcohol levels because of the grant funding of the sobering center.) If the patient is being cleared for jail or is under arrest, they need to have a BRAC <300. You need to complete the paper form for the patient to be released to the jail or sobering center.
- Alcohol Hangover/Withdrawal YKHC Clinical Guideline
- Intoxicated ED Patient YKHC Clinical Guideline
- Alcohol Withdrawal in the YK Delta by Dr. Andrew Swartz
- Phenobarbital for Alcohol Withdrawal by Dr. Andrew Swartz
- Alaska Department of Health and Social Services (ADHSS) Epidemiology Bulletin: Alcohol Consumption