The Well Child Program helps children and young adults in the Yukon-Kuskokwim Delta grow up into healthy adults. Well Child services are offered to all children and young adults from ages 0–20. Community Health Aides/Practitioners from villages around the YK-Delta are trained to provide these preventative health services. Our program assists in the training of all Health Aides that provide Well Child Exams. Our program focuses on preventative health care. Preventative health care is key in teaching us how to take care of ourselves so we can avoid diseases and other health problems. It also helps identify problems early when treatment is easier and more effective.
The Immunization Program focuses on educating and providing immunizations to all people in the YK Delta. Our main focus is making sure that all children under 18 are receiving the appropriate immunizations for their age. We also want to make sure that all adults receive their immunizations. We work with all providers and assist in the Immunization training of all Health Aides.
- Recommended Child and Adolescent Immunization Schedule. CDC.
- Recommended Adult Immunization Schedule. CDC.
- Alaska Department of Health and Social Services (ADHSS) Vaccine Information for Parents, Patients, and Health Care Providers
- Vac Trak. Alaska Department of Health and Social Services.
- Report an Adverse Event to VAERS
- Well Child Check (PowerPoint Presentation)