- 1 ANMC/ANTHC
- 2 Outlook
- 3 Amion
- 4 eCHAM
- 5 eRAD
- 6 HealthStream
- 7 Kronos Self Service
- 8 SMR Transfer/Orientation Notebook
- 9 Learning Live
- 10 Bookmarks
- 11 Important Phone Apps
- 12 UptoDate
- 13 RAVEN Access Outside YKHC
- 14 Alaska HealthCare News
YKHC has an agreement between Alaska Native Medical Center (ANMC, primarly hospital and specialty care) and Alaska Native Tribal Consortium (ANTHC, primarily outpatient care) to provide electronic access to providers and patient records in Anchorage.
During orientation, a request is submitted to ANTHC to get access to their Tiger Connect directory and ANMC for Reach access that will allow you limited access to the ANMC medical records system. Please let Susan Richard know when you have gotten access, or if you do not have this access within one week of your arrival.
If in the future you need your ANMC password reset, or have issues logging into REACH please contact the ANTHC Service Center at 907-729-2626.
How to reset your ANMC Reach password
- You should be prompted to change your password.
- Minimum password requirements
- At least 8 characters long
- At least 1 capital letter
- At least 1 number
- At least 1 special character EXCEPT @
- Please see attached user guide for further instructions.
Outlook.com is a web-based suite of webmail, contacts, tasks, and calendaring services from Microsoft that is used by YKHC.
- You will need to install Outlook in every real and virtual Desktop, e.g., laptop, RAVEN, Komodo (Dragon), etc..
- You will need to add your signature in each of these applications, but the messages, contacts, calendars will all sync.
- The body of email with black Calibri 11 or 12 pt font. Remove all stationary, logos, images
You’ll need to install a YKHC Signature in each version of Outlook that you install.
Easiest way to do this is to build the signature in one version, then email it to yourself so you can bring it up and copy it into each new version.
How to create a Signature
- Open a new email.
- On the toolbar and find ‘Signature’, click and select ‘Signatures’
- Select ‘New’
- Type a name for your signature (e.g., John Doe, MD YKHC)
- Cut and paste your signature just below into the larger box
- Confirm that you have correct, formatting, font (black, Calibri 11 or 12)
- In the dropdown boxes for ‘New message’ and ‘Replies/forwards’, select ‘John Doe, MD YKHC’
- When all looks correct, select ‘OK’
John Doe, MD
Family Medicine Physician
Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation
Post Office Box 287, Bethel, AK 99559
You’ll have to repeat this in each versions of Outlook, the one on your regular desktop as well as the Outlook in your RAVEN environments (e.g., PROD, EHR64, KOMODO).
This link will allow you to access your YKHC email from anywhere via the Outlook Web application: https://ykmail.ykhc.org/owa/auth/logon.aspx?replaceCurrent=1&url=https%3a%2f%2fykmail.ykhc.org%2fowa%2f
One of these in the subject heading will send email encrypted to sources outside YKHC:
- (Encrypt), (PHI), (HIPAA)
- Make sure to remember the parenthesis for it to work properly!
Linking to Amion
There is a job aide with step by step instructions to sync your AMION schedule with your Outlook calendar (attached).
Amion is where all YK provider scheduling is located.
Contact David Compton with any questions.
Password (lowercase): ykhc (for all YKHC provider schedules)
Password (lowercase): anmc (to see ANMC providers coming to our specialty clinic)
The eCHAM is an electronic version of the Community Health Aide Manual, a collection of protocols that our Health Aides follow when seeing patients in the village. To access the CHAM go to https://access.echam.org/exist/index.html and select the link to apply for an eCHAM account. You should see the image below when you arrive at the website.
eRAD is our teleradiology system. During orientation, you should receive access to this system from the radiology department.
HealthStream is the application we use to provide online learning opportunities. One of the advantages of HealthStream is the capability to complete your training from home. Here’s how:
- Go to https://www.healthstream.com/login-help
- Click “Lookup your URL”.
- Type “Yukon” in the search bar. You could, of course, type the entire name of the facility, which I find onerous.
- Click on our facility, toward the bottom of the surprisingly long list of facilities with ‘Yukon’ in the title.
Kronos Self Service
Kronos is a system used by YKHC Human Resources to organize Timecards, pay history, PTO accruals, benefits information, W2s, etc. Yearly performance reviews are also completed here.
SMR Transfer/Orientation Notebook
The documents Susan Richard gives you in her orientation are also available in a variety of places, including the Wiki, Intranet, etc. Those areas can be a bit overwhelming for new folks, so the Notebook is a few cherry picked items that may be specifically useful to you.
These documents can all also be found in electronic format on the ‘Prod’ server in folder “SMR Transfers”.
The "Prod" Server
- a shared server that is ONLY available when you are in the RAVEN environment.
- It should be listed just under your ‘homedir’ (see image to the right).
- On that server, you can go to my file “SMR Transfers” and pull up the “Orientation Notebook” documents.
- There are also other resources in this folder that you may find helpful regarding Dragon use, VTC, etc..
- Anything you find useful, you can print, save, or transfer to your “homedirs”.
- Susan Richard updates these documents as updates are made available
There are many job aides (i.e., Learning Live) available for viewing or download at https://wiki.ucern.com/display/YUKOAK/Provider+Learning. There are also links on the YK Intranet, the YK Wiki, and within PowerChart. New Job Aides can be made as well on request.
Find the Internet Explorer Bookmarks on the ‘PROD’ server while in RAVEN in the folder ‘SMR Transfers’
- Save the file to your ‘homedirs’
- Open ‘Internet Explorer’
- Select ‘File’ then ‘Import and Export’ then ‘Import from a file’ then ‘Next’ then ‘Favorites’ then ‘Next’ then ‘Browse’. Select the file you just saved on your ‘homedirs’ then ‘Next’ then ‘Favorites Bar’ then ‘Import’ then ‘Finish’
The bookmarks will show up on your ‘Favorites’ toolbar and you can edit as you wish. Easiest way to do this is to select ‘Favorites’ à ‘Organize Favorites’.
Or you can just right click on any bookmark to delete it. If you can’t see the Favorites Toolbar, select ‘Favorites’ then ‘Add Favorites Bar’.
Remember that you would need to install the bookmarks to both the Internet Explorer (IE) on your desktop as well as IE in RAVEN in order to utilize in both places.
Important Phone Apps
Imprivata ID (for use with EPCS (Electronic Prescribing Controlled Substances))
Amion (will need Doximity account)
YKHC has a subscription to UpToDate Anywhere allowing providers at YKHC access to UpToDate on any device that has an internet connection. There is a link directly from RAVEN, a link from the YKHC intranet, and Mobile Access is available through their app.
Through hospital access to UpToDate, you can also accrue CME credits.
RAVEN Access Outside YKHC
To access RAVEN outside of YK, go to https://horizon.ykhc.org and download VMware (select the icon on the left). You would sign in with your YK credentials.