"For such a time as this..."
This wiki page is to help collect resources and other information specific to COVID-19 as we prepare and ultimately treat people with this virus. If there are any resources not included here that you would like to see, please email Jennifer_Hampton@ykhc.org and I will do what I can to get the information that is needed here.
Things are ever changing, but every attempt will be made to keep this up to date.
- 1 Clinical Resources
- 2 YKHC Department Information
- 3 Patient Information
- 4 Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Cleaning, and Hygiene
- 5 Screening and Testing
- 6 Travel
- 7 Telehealth
- 8 Telecommuting
- 9 Government/Hospital Resources
- 10 Journal Articles
- 11 News
- 12 Random Things to Help with COVID Stress
- COVID Guidelines
- Alaska COVID-19 ECHO, Tuesdays, 7:00pm - 8:30pm
- At no cost to participants, the Alaska COVID-19 ECHO will provide up to date information and support for Alaskan healthcare stakeholders via Zoom videoconferencing
- Click HERE to register
- Emerging ECHO programs
- ECHO programs in development
- Emergency Medicine
- Sub-Specialty (Intensivist, Pulmonologist, Nephrologist)
- Hospitals (19 geographic locations represented)
- Emergency Managers
- Vulnerable Populations
- Infectious Disease / Infection Control
- For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- ANTHC Proposed Non-operative Management (NOM) of Appendicitis during Covid-19 epidemic
- COVID-19 Hospital Incident Command Staging (HICS) Organization Assignment List
- YKHC Supply Item Request Process
- Alaska Department of Health and Social Services Public Health Alert Network Updates (State of Alaska recommendations for PPE, testing, and reporting in Alaska)
- YKHC Influx of Infectious Patients Guide
- All Care Family Medicine Coronavirus Antibody Testing
- American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) COVID-19 Website
- Society of Critical Care Medicine Webpage
- ASV Intelligent Ventilation
- Practical Recommendations for Critically Ill from China
- ANMC Peds COVID-19 and Respiratory Distress Lecture by Dr. Stryjewski
- Vapotherm (High Flow Nasal Cannula)
Obstetric and Gynecology
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists COVID-19 Website
- CDC letter for guidance to STD prevention during COVID-19
YKHC Department Information
- Self Swab Instructions
- Limited Visitation Related to COVID-19 Policy
- Steps to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 if you are sick (in Yupik and English)
- Patient Letter to Shelter in Place in Bethel
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA): Taking Care of Your Behavioral Health
- Lion's Club Food Bank for Bethel, Alaska: if someone needs food, there are links to documents that individuals can complete and email to email@example.com OR call 907-543-4544 to fill out over the phone.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Cleaning, and Hygiene
- Face Coverings Required in the Workplace (YKHC Standard Work Form)
- YKHC Procedure on PPE During COVID-19 Outbreak
- YKHC Critical N95 Rationing
- Quick Guide for Cleaning/Disinfecting to Prevent Spread of COVID-19
- YKHC Employee After Work Hygiene Guidance Related to COVID-19
Screening and Testing
There is a "Workflow to Refer for Drive Thru Testing" for scheduling drive thru tests (see email from 3/28/20 or \\vault1\COVID-19 Information). This is by appointment only.
Testing is currently Monday through Friday, 1300-1500
- "Criteria for Screening" (see \\vault1\COVID-19 Information folder)
- Employee COVID-19 Testing FAQ
- Pre-Screening Patients for COVID-19 form
- SRC Pre-screening Patients for COVID-19
- Procedure for Contacting Staff due to exposure to a Person Under Investigation (PUI)
- YKHC Security Script - When people call YKHC to inquire about COVID-19 case(s)
- Villages with no scheduled commercial flights to Bethel
- Medicaid Travel Update Booth for COVID-19 Outbreak
- Airlines are now requesting confirmation that patients can travel under the governor's mandate. For any patients you are having travel into or out of Bethel for a medical condition, please fill out this Doctor's note for your patient or patient's guardian to show the airlines.
- Travel Guidelines for Pediatric Respiratory Patients on Ravn
- a letter from medical personnel (provider, Health Aide, etc) stating that “we don’t believe the patient has COVID-19.” (I will work on creating this letter and placing it in the policy manager for easy access)
- hand sanitizer prior to boarding (YKHC leadership is working on getting this out to the village clinics for them to distribute to patients who will be travelling).
- Both patient and escort wear a mask
- Sit in the back of the plane
- COVID-19 Pandemic Emergency; Taxi Guidelines - City of Bethel
- COVID-19 Shuttle Guidelines
- Temporary Addendum to Procedure on YKHC Vehicle Use (MOTORPOOL_001) 3/25/20
- YKHC Ride Pool
- Alaska Medicaid Updates
- Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium (ANTHC) Telehealth Resources
- Department of Behavioral Health Expanded Telehealth Services (see \\vault1\COVID-19 Information folder)
- Telecommuting Policy
- Telecommuting Frequently Asked Questions
- Telecommuting Home Safety Checklist
- Telecommuting Equipment Checklist
- Telecommuting Assessment and Agreement
- Manager's Checklist for Telecommuters
- World Health Organization (WHO) Technical Guidance for COVID-19
- CDC Coronavirus Disease 2019 website
- Alaska Department of Health COVID-19 Main Page
- City of Bethel Alaska COVID-19 website
- YKHC Intranet COVID-19 Website
- YKHC COVID-19 Website
- American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) COVID-19 Literature Collection
- Shih H, et al. Radiological findings from 81 patients with COVID-19 pneumonia in Wuhan, China. Lancet. 2020. doi.org/10.1016/ S1473-3099(20)30086-4.
- Chang D, et al. Time Kinetics of Viral Clearance and Resolution of Symptoms of COVID-19. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care. 2020. doi/pdf/10.1164/rccm.202003-0524LE.
- Abbasi J. The Promise and Peril of Antibody Testing for COVID-19. JAMA. 2020. doi:10.1001/jama.2020.6170.
- Dong Y, Mo X, Hu Y, et al. Epidemiological Characteristics of 2143 Pediatric Patients With 2019 Coronavirus Disease in China. Pediatrics. 2020; doi: 10.1542/peds.2020-0702
- Cruz A, Zeichner S. COVID-19 in Children: Initial Characterization of the Pediatric Disease. Pediatrics. 2020; doi: 10.1542/peds.2020-0834
- Chen Z, Fu J, et. al. Diagnosis and treatment recommendation for pediatric respiratory infection caused by the 2019 novel coronavirus. World Journal of Pediatrics. 2020; https://doi.org/10.1007/s12519-020-00345-S.
- Ravikumar N, et al. Novel Coronavirus 2019 (2019-nCoV) Infection: Part I - Preparedness and Management in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit in Resource-limited Settings. Indian Pediatrics. 2020.
- Clinical management of severe acute respiratory infection (SARI) when COVID-19 disease is suspected. World Health Organization. 2020. WHO/2019-nCoV/clinical2020.4.
- Qiu et al. Clinical and epidemiological features of 36 children with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Zhejiang, China: an observational cohort study. The Lancet. 2020. doi.org/10.1016/S1473-3099(20)30198-5.
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 in Children — United States, February 12–April 2, 2020. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2020;69:422–426. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.mm6914e4.
Random Things to Help with COVID Stress
You are not alone. We are all in this together. Please, reach out and talk with others if you are feeling overwhelmed.
- COVID-19 Emotional Support Phone Line: 543-6272 Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Disaster Distress Helpline: (800) 985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746
- YKHC Behavioral Health Emergency Services: 543-6499
- COVID-19 Nurse Triage Line: 543-6949 in Bethel; in villages, call the local clinic.
- 17 simple ways to relieve worry, stress, and anxiety from Hope for Healing Foundation
- 10 Mindfulness strategies for healthcare professionals
- After a Disaster: Self-Care Tips for Dealing with Stress
- Kuskokwim Consortium Library (information about digital books and other electronic resources along with the local Food Bank)
- People Around the World Clapping for Healthcare Workers
- Family Lockdown Boogie