Head Injury / Concussion Under 18 Years
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Head injuries in our region are common and often related to motor vehicle crashes and alcohol. We have developed guidelines to use locally and ANMC has state-wide guidelines as well. Generally speaking, these patients need to come to Bethel for evaluation. Our pediatricians can be consulted on the use of CT scans in children with head injuries.
Head Injury Autotexts
- Guidelines for the Management of Acute Blunt head Trauma in Alaska. rev. 2018.
- MDcalc PECARN Pediatric Head Injury/Trauma Algorithm
- Kuppermann, N. et al. Identification of children at very low risk of clinically important brain injuries after head trauma: a prospective cohort study. Lancet 2009; 374: 1160–70. doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(09)61558-0
- Osmond, M. et al. CATCH: a clinical decision rule for the use of computed tomography in children with minor head injury. CMAJ. March 09, 2010; 182(4) 341-348; doi.org/10.1503/cmaj.091421
- Pediatric Headache 2016 (PowerPoint Presentation by Dr. Catherine Otten, MD SCH Neurology)
- Head Injury/Concussion 5-18 Years YKHC Clinical Guideline